Thanks for your interest in SMART DOGS. We teach Better Behavior to BOTH Ends of the Leash.
ALL BREEDS. ALL AGES. ALL BEHAVIOR SITUATIONS. If you are ready to learn, yes I can help you. My 25+ years experience includes all things Dog, Behavior & Wellness. Examples include:
- Early Puppy Development & Canine Socialization;
- Canine Behavior – based in fact not fiction, science not folklore;
- Prevention & Behavior Modification of Fear, Aggression, Anxiety and all other expressions of Stress;
- Canine Communication – listen with your eyes;
- fostering Trust-based relationships between people & dogs – and cats and other animals, too;
- Dog Sports (Agility, Freestyle, Obedience, Parkour, Rally, Tracking, Treibball) for Confidence, Communication, Connection, Focus & Fun and, yes, for Titles, too;
- Canine Conditioning / Fitness, Nutrition & overall Wellness;
- numerous Certifications & Human-Canine Activities (e.g., Certified Professional Dog Trainer and Stress Management & Holistic Life Coach, Level 1 TAGteach Certified, Dog Sport Judge, Canine Good Citizen Evaluator, Therapy Dog Evaluator, Member Pet Professional Guild, Dog Scouts of America);
- extensive Continuing Education;
- 100% commitment to force-free, fear-free, R+ methods, tools, teaching & lifestyle.
Starting point for all new students is LIFE WITH DOGS. FMI & answers to FAQs see further below.
FALL CLASSES ARE FULL
TO BE NOTIFIED IF A SPACE OPENS UP JOIN OUR WAITING LIST OR EMAIL ME *Be sure your email filters allow “@mysmartdogs.com”
NEXT OPENINGS ARE JAN 2022
To be notified when Dates are set & Registration begins JOIN OUR WAITING LIST OR EMAIL ME *Be sure your email filters allow “@mysmartdogs.com”
JOIN OUR WAITING LIST
LIFE WITH DOGS: All new students begin in Life With Dogs, no exception. This comprehensive small group class meets once a week for 1 hour and runs 8 weeks. Current Tuition $375 includes 24/7 access to SD’s Online Classroom, Video Tutorials, Articles, Private Learning Groups, and unlimited access to me by phone, text & email for additional coaching between our weekly in-person sessions.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN. This class teaches crucial Life Skills to both ends of the leash. More importantly, LIFE WITH DOGS teaches you, the human end of the leash, to understand & communicate your dog; how learning & behavior really work; and how to maximize the power of positive reinforcement. We’ll sort fact from fiction, truth from folklore, sense from nonsense, remove labels & stereotypes.
WHY? So you can maximize progress and maintain a safe, happy home. So you can avoid the all too common errors which damage the human-canine bond. So you can instead build strong, desired behavior and a healthy relationship with your dog.
NO PAIN. NO FORCE. NO BULLYING. NO NONSENSE.
If you have questions not answered above let me know. *Be sure your email filter allows email from “@mysmartdogs.com”
I look forward to teaching you & your dog and Bringing out YOUR BEST Behavior.
Mary A Gilbreth PhD CPDT CFFP
Certified Professional Dog Trainer
Certified Fear Free Professional
Certified Stress Management & Holistic Life Coach
SMART DOGS Training & Behavior
Better Behavior at BOTH Ends of the Leash